You are expert in your industry and company. Understand the educational needs of investors and support them. If they choose to learn more, that improves progression rates.
Make offline contact easy if they want it. Be sure to respond.
Here are IRM’s top three hints for educating investors:
|Position the company in its Industry
- Investors love to classify companies in many different ways.
- Make sure you provide investors with the information they need to get your classification right.
- Understand that investors will be looking at peers in the same industry.
- Make sure you differentiate from them when explaining where you fit.
|Industry information and News
- Depending on the company’s role in the industry, and whether the industry is well known and understood, provide educational material that explains the industry, uses of the products and services, market assessments and so on.
- Consider whether there are geographical opportunities to educate. If your projects are in unusual places, provide information about those places.
|Non Company news
- If there is current relevant industry or geographical news, provide links to third party news articles or to your own blog discussions.
A full review from IRM will identify and discuss more than 10 additional ways to improve education.