Not measured is not managed. Measure everything you can.
Examine analytics and SEO results. Measure by these principles. Score how you are going by these principles, and how you have improved over time.
Wonder why things are as they are, and respond.
Refine messages, navigation, images, style - everything. Then measure again.
Compare with peers by the same measures.
Here are IRM’s top three hints for measuring online IR effectiveness:
Analytics in the website
- Google Analytics is a free service that can monitor every click on your website and provide comprehensive real-time online analysis in many dimensions
|Count and measure engagement
- Count how many – shareholders, email alert subscribers, followers, likes, tweets, questions from website, calls etc
- Log the counts over time and look at the trends
|Measure against these success factors
- Score yourself against these success factors. Review and re-score periodically.
- Look for continuous improvement
A full review from IRM will identify and discuss more than 10 additional ways to improve measurement.