Attracting good candidates can be a challenging and costly task in highly competitive jobs markets. Recognising this, more and more IRM clients have been investing in their own function-rich careers centres.
In this post, we look at how diversified mining and exploration company, Independence Group (ASX: IGO) has recently released a candidate-rich Careers section on their website, using specialist functionality available through IRM’s recent HQi 4.2 software upgrade.
About Independence Group
Independence Group is an ASX listed diversified mining and exploration company that is currently producing gold, nickel and copper, zinc and silver from three mining operations in Western Australia. Independence Group’s gold production comes from its 30% interest in the Tropicana Gold Mine (AngloGold Ashanti 70% and manager) in Western Australia. Independence produces nickel from its 100% owned Long Operation in Kambalda in Western Australia and produces copper, zinc and silver from its 100% owned Jaguar Operation 60km north of Leonora in Western Australia.
The challenge – setting up a careers centre with advanced functionality
With projects in a range of locations across Australia, and the need to ensure ongoing access to good people, Independence Group determined it needed to make the experience of searching and applying for a job through the corporate website as streamlined and user-friendly as possible. It also needed to ensure potential job seekers had access to a thorough set of resources which highlighted the benefits of working for a company like Independence Group.
While the company already had some pages on its site which provided detail for potential candidates on the benefits of working for Independence Group, the application process needed to be much better streamlined. The HR Manager also needed a strong set of tools behind the website to keep the job application process simple and time efficient.
The solution – information, functionality and reporting
Recognising that the success of the business depends upon the success of its people, Independence Group worked with IRM to upgrade the Careers centre to ensure that it provided the right mix of information, functionality and reporting to satisfy both candidates and the company.
The updated Independence Group Careers centre contains:
- Detail on the IGO difference – which sets out why working with an Australian mining company with a bigger vision, like Independence Group comes with a great deal of opportunity for employees
- Working with us – which details the ways in which candidates can find work with IGO, including detail on full time roles and info on their Apprenticeships, Undergraduate, Graduate and Post Graduate programs, comments from IGO alumni as well as a set of FAQs covering the recruitment and selection process
- An overview of the projects and locations through which job seekers can find roles with IGO
- A benefits summary – including info on career development opportunities, competitive salaries, access to employee discounts, and more
- A photo gallery which shows IGO people at work on the job
- A list of current vacancies, through which job seekers can browse to find jobs of interest. Drop downs allow candidates to filter for jobs in particular locations, and fields of work
- Register your expression of interest enables potential candidates to submit a cover letter, resume and note their interest in working with IGO across a range of disciplines – from administrative roles through to engineering, geology, IT, safety and a number of other job types
At the back end, we developed a solution that allowed the HR Manager to easily filter through job applications, and to load new ads up to the website as and when required.
A summary of the features included in the new Careers module is as follows:
- Simple user-friendly, interface for uploading job listings
- Ability to edit, hide, duplicate and manage listings
- Ability to add PDFs or link to alternate hyperlinks to more information
- Listings are automatically removed from the website after application expiry date (set by you)
- Visitors can filter opportunities by Location and Career Field (eg. Marketing, Sales, Engineering etc)
- Customisable online application form with the ability to upload a Cover Letter and CV
Well done, Independence Group
We appreciate the opportunity to have worked with you through the development of your upgraded Careers centre and think it is an excellent resource for new employees.
Considering including a Careers centre in your website
Delivering enriched functionality through your corporate website’s Careers area is easy with IRM’s new Careers module. If you’re interested in a discussion about how to get set up, please contact Danny Hunt via email: email@example.com or phone: +61 2 8705 5444, or see www.irmau.com for more detail.